Saturday, May 28, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

*First let me say I posted twice today so don't forget to keep scrolling after this post to read some more!


Since I've decided that we're going neutral-y I've been trying to decide what color to paint the dresser/buffet/changing station thing. Here is my inspiration for the whole room.


I love love love the gray walls...and that piano?! AMAZING! I've been thinking that's the way I want to go with the dresser. What little kid can say they have a turquoise dresser in their room? I won't be doing brown curtains in the room, I'm actually going to use...drop cloths. You know, like the ones you buy when you paint? I know that sounds crazy...but check this out.


I love them...they're so light and airy looking..which is totally my thing. They're made of cotton too. Plus I've seen tons of different ways to add stuff to them. Ribbon, paint...etc. And can I tell you that they come in packs of 2 for....$9.97. Yes sir, thank you very much. 

I absolutely love the idea of a turquoise dresser in the nursery. I have thought about it from day one. That was...until I saw this...


Check out that yellow!!! Now I have no idea what color to paint it. I'd like to get it painted soon, so I really need to choose a color.

I also can't decide if I want to do all four walls of the nursery solid gray or if I want to do the crib wall like this...


I loveeee stripes. I think it would be a fun way to add something to the room with out putting too much color on the wall. I'd like to avoid painting the walls with any 'real' color since we're still going to be in an apartment (or townhouse...whatever) and when we move out we'll have to cover the walls and I'd like to keep it pretty simple to paint over. I plan on using colorful/playful/fun art on the walls to add some pops of color in the room. I found these prints, by a photographer that goes by Bomobob. The type of photography he uses is one of my favorites! They look vintage and are awesome colors too.



Now question, what color should I paint the dresser? Turquoise or yellow? Help me decide!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should incorporate both turquoise and yellow into the room? Just don't paint the dresser both colors haha

    ReplyDelete