Thursday, May 19, 2011

12 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 12 weeks
Size of baby: Baby Davis is the size of a lime (2 inches!)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have no idea!
Maternity Clothes: Pants and a few shirts, but I can still wear regular shirts too
Gender: Don't know yet! (take the poll and tell us what you think!)
Movement: Last night! I swear it!
Sleep: My back is KILLING me...so not so great.
What I miss: coffee
Cravings: a specific dinner my mom used to make me when I was younger
Symptoms: Bathroom trips
Best Moment this week: Feeling the Bean move!!!


A couple nights ago, I was trying to get to sleep. While laying there and counting, I felt it...I felt the Bean move!! I have read tons of articles..yada, yada, yada... that say first time moms usually don't feel the baby move until 20 or so weeks. Which would mean I'm about 8 weeks early, but I know what I felt! I described the feeling to a couple moms and they agreed. I have also read some stuff online that said feeling movement early can also mean twins. Just check out my 12 week bump to guess why everyone thinks the Bean is two Beans...or Beanettes...or a Bean and a Beanette. I have a confession to make.

Matt and I actually want twins.

OHNOSHEDIDN'T!

I did, I did in fact say Matt and I want twins....because we actually do. As crazy hard as I'm sure it is, I would absolutely love it. Matt wants twins because he thinks, then it will be many years before we have more. Because we want a big ole' family. He's probably right though...

We'll see in a couple weeks when I go to the doctor!

I have also been sleeping like CRAAAP. On Tuesday, I slept about 2 hours because I couldn't figure out why it felt like I was having a heart attack. I was literally in tears. Not only was my heart attacking, my back was on fire/throbbing aaand I had a headache from Hades. It was awesome. Only...not so awesome and a lot more terrible. Turns out I was having a case of heartburn that could only be described as literally my heart was burning.  So I popped a couple Tums and in about 4 minutes I was fine, as far as the heartburn went. My back is really really killing me. It hurts during the day, but it really really hurts at night. I can almost never get comfortable, unless I'm too tired to even notice. I gather it's from my ever growing chest region.

I know all of this pain and uncomfortableness (word?) is for the best cause ever!

1 comment:

  1. I hated heartburn! That was the worst part of my pregnancies. Check with your doctor, but if that and sleeping badly gets worse, you can take Pepcid, which lasts 12 hours and Tylenol Simply Sleep if you need it. Like I said, check with your doctor...And wow, you'll be in the 2nd trimester in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete