Monday, June 27, 2011

quick post before work!

Here's a quick little post before I have to get ready for work.

FIRST!! Congrats to Monica, Cody, and big brother Luke! Madison Jewel is finally here! I can't wait to meet her!

Second. Walter has not been the best puppy since we got him (3 days before we found out I was preggo with the Bean). He chews everything or tears it up. He was awful to train to go outside too and he still has problems with that (not good in an apartment!) We know we need to crate him...but crates are expensive! Well just the past few days he has done a complete turn around! He finally learned how to sit on command. Which is a big deal for him considering he doesn't even sit still in his sleep. He learned in about 15 minutes. I say it's because I taught him with oyster crackers and not treats. And since he gets a treat every time he comes inside and he NEVEr gets people food, I have a feeling he felt like a big shot getting to eat those crackers. And then today I put a pizza in the oven for my lunch. I set the timer and went back to sewing. I had the radio on pretty loud and I guess I didn't hear the timer go off. Well about 5 minutes (my guess) after the timer went off Walter is pacing around and whining. I couldn't figure out what he wanted so I ignored him and kept on sewing. Well he got impatient with me and went and stood by the oven and barked. Did I mention this dog never barks!? Never ever! So then I remembered the pizza and I jumped up and took it out. What a smart dog!!

I'm getting anxious about my doctors appointment (1 week from tomorrow!) I'm hoping while I'm there I get to schedule my ultrasound because I really want to know what the sex of the Bean is! I would love to start sewing gender specific things soon. Speaking of sewing...I should probably work on the quilt!

Our cousin Dave is getting married on the 9th and I have been sewing two of the bridesmaid dresses for it. I made one and am fixing the other one. I love sewing and I'm not bad at it at all. I've made dresses before and never had problems, but these dresses have made me remember that I am definitely not a seamstress! I have been locked in this apartment for nearly a week trying to get them finished and it has been one problem after the other. Then I get frustrated, threaten to set them on fire, cry a little, get over it and move on. It's a struggle haha!

Anyway...that's all I have for now!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Katy!! We will definitely get together when we come home to visit in a few months!

    So excited you got an appointment! Also can't wait to find out what Baby Bean is--I'm still undecided if you have a girl or a boy in there :)

    ReplyDelete